Let the power of our sophisticated toolset go to work for you
Firebrand has been helping publishers manage their metadata for 30 years. At BookExpo this year, we want to help you highlight and correct issues in your metadata.
So, we are offering a FREE, no obligation Metadata Health Assessment. You provide us with ten titles and we will run a comprehensive health check on each of them, including:
1. Actionable Market Intelligence: Do you know if each of your titles is being presented accurately on retail sites?
You will receive an Eloquence on Alert report for your submitted titles, showing trends and notable information from major retailers gathered during the Health Assessment period! This report gains more power the more time your books are being tracked, so don’t wait to sign up!
2. Minimum Required Metadata: Do you meet industry minimums, or are your trading partners missing the basic information they need?
We will provide you with an Eloquence on Demand overview highlighting deficiencies or errors in your data.
3. Discoverability Factor: How good is your metadata? Does it meet industry best practices? Do you have enough of it?
We will assess the quality of your data, including long-form bibliographic metadata (author bio, description, excerpt, etc.), looking for missing information and for potential formatting or content issues.
4. Evergreen Metadata: How often is your metadata being updated? Are you including the right information in those updates?
We will tell you just how often. Our clients have proven again and again that refreshing product data leads to discoverability and sales.
5. Manual Retailer Assessment: Are the retailers handling your metadata correctly? How does it look on their websites?
We will look at the metadata for each book as it exists on major retailers (Amazon, B&N, Google, Apple, and Kobo) and assess its quality and completeness in comparison to the metadata you are providing.
Want to participate?
You could win a MacBook Air!
Enter your books in the Metadata Health Assessment today, and you will be entered into a drawing to win a FREE MacBook Air.
Of course we have rules! Nothing crazy, though:
- Only publishers may enter. We want to help publishers create better metadata, so this is not open to just anyone.
- Every entry must include exactly 10 ISBNs, no more, no less.
- The ISBNs must all come from different titles (not just different formats of the same titles). This number of titles gives us a good view of the metadata you send out and helps us see patterns.
- All submissions must be completed by 11:59pm EST on May 19th, 2017. That’s the deadline. Really. No extensions. Don’t wait to sign up!
- Applicants must schedule and attend an in-person meeting at the Firebrand booth at BookExpo 2017. We need to show you what we find, so you have to show up to your meeting at the conference to have your entry in the drawing confirmed. Don’t forget to put it on your calendar!
- Submissions are limited to the first 40 publishers. That’s 400 titles we have to check, so we have to set the limit somewhere!
- The MacBook Air drawing will take place after BookExpo. The winner will be contacted through email.