Firebrand Technologies is a software and technology service company for the book publishing industry. Firebrands wear many hats, are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty, and embrace the never-ending technical challenges in the book industry with enthusiasm and a sense of purpose.
Unfortunately, we do not offer relocation benefits or sponsor visas. US citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply, but we are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
Please, no agency responses; they will be summarily deleted.
Data Scientist (Newburyport, MA)
We are a rapidly growing software company seeking a motivated individual to help us turn our wealth of data into actionable insights. As a Data Scientist, you will work across departments to:
- Guide data collection and analysis efforts
- Gather and collate information from disparate sources
- Apply analytical techniques, and
- Inform business strategy with your findings.
You will work on a wide array of problems of varying breadth and depth. While certain directives may come from company leadership, you will be relied on heavily to define the scope, focus, and methodology of your work. In doing so, you will have the opportunity to play an integral role in the future of our company.
Some things you will enjoy about this job include:
- Making an impact on business strategy
- Working across teams and departments to synthesize information
- Broad discretion in methodological approaches
- An unfixed, evolving problem-set
- A great company culture!
You are an ideal candidate for this position if you have:
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity. For you, questions beget more questions. You are interested in the relationships between seemingly unrelated pieces of information. You enjoy drawing hypotheses and testing them with data.
- Confidence to tackle problems with little or no direction, and still deliver great results.
- Expert data munging skills. You can extract, clean, and join data from any storage format known to man, including but not limited to SQL, NoSQL, Excel, CSV, JSON, HTML, etc.
- Strong communication and data visualization skills. You can clearly present findings in whatever manner is appropriate for the project at-hand; i.e. verbal, written, visual, or through dashboard apps.
- Working knowledge of statistical/analytical/algorithmic techniques such as regression, classification, prediction, clustering, social network analysis, and natural language processing. You know how and when to use the right tools for the job.
- An aptitude and desire to learn new skills, technologies, API’s, or algorithms when the need arises.
- Strong coding skills in a scripting language such as Python or R.
No relocation assistance or visa sponsorship is available for this position. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Software Quality Assurance Specialist (Newburyport, MA)
Firebrand Technologies is looking for a team-oriented Software Quality Assurance Specialist who understands the critical nature of manual, regression, and automation testing and makes every reasonable effort to achieve expectations and/or provide acceptable workarounds. Effective communication skills and the ability to adjust to changes and handle multiple tasks will be essential to your success in this role. The position is located in our Newburyport, MA office. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the growth of Firebrand Technologies.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Uncover, document, and track product defects
- Design, write, and execute test cases using established test design techniques
- Build and monitor test environments
- Log status into tracking software
- Act as product technical liaison between support and development teams
- Communicate effectively with customers
- Ensure that releases adhere to a high standard of quality
- Coordinate with internal departments to deliver seamless services to external customers
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, or similar discipline
- Familiarity with MSSQL
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to analyze complex relationships and configurations and summarize results clearly
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to quickly learn a robust software application
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Experience with Agile development practices is a plus
No relocation assistance or visa sponsorship available for this position. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
No agency responses.
To apply for this position please send cover letter and resume to To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.