Firebrand Technologies, located in beautiful downtown Newburyport, MA, is a software and technology service company for the book publishing industry. Firebrands wear many hats, are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty, and embrace the never-ending technical challenges in the book industry with enthusiasm and a sense of purpose.
Unfortunately, we do not offer relocation benefits or sponsor visas. US citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply, but we are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis [“protected class”] including but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Please, no agency responses; they will be summarily deleted.
Firebrand Technologies is seeking candidates for a SQL Developer position to work either in the office in Newburyport, MA or to work remotely in Nashville, TN. We are looking for a motivated, ambitious, and tenacious SQL guru to join the integrations team. For more than 30 years Firebrand Technologies has been specializing in getting new publishing clients’ title data into our Title Management application, as well as building and supporting tools that help us do this as efficiently as possible. As a new member of the team, you?ll be managing your own project queue while under the tutelage of more senior members.
We are interested in a developer who understand the process of software development, including the importance of development, test, and production environments, and responsibilities inherent in each. If you consider winding your way through several layers of code and hitting some land mines along the way a good time, then we want to work with you. We encourage creativity and ingenuity and hope you can teach us a few tricks of your own, when appropriate.
We aren’t the only company with a casual office, games in our break room, and regular social events. What you won’t find elsewhere, though, is a group of people who are more passionate about what they do. A general sense of pride and accountability in your work are necessary to become successful in this position, as is the desire to meet high quality standards. Our clients are very dear to us and we go above and beyond to make sure that their needs are met. Our small team has the luxury of working outside of strict engineering guidelines but needs to remain disciplined and conscious of the big picture. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the growth of Firebrand Technologies.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Work on multiple projects as assigned by the Director of Integration Services
- Effectively communicate the status of projects to the team and clients
- Manage case/task list in Jira
- Document procedures in our shared team space in Confluence
- Work closely with publishing clients
- For the position located in Newburyport, MA:
- Periodic short-term trips to client offices in New York City and other U.S. locations
- For the position located remotely in Nashville, TN:
- Periodic short-term trips to client offices in New York City and other U.S. locations as well as to our office in Newburyport, MA
- Work will be performed remotely but candidate will meet as needed with small team of SQL Developers located in Nashville, TN
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 to 5 years experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of SQL Server 2008 and above and T-SQL programming is required
- Experience with web design and related technologies, such as ASP.NET, C#, and Visual Studio, is a plus
- Experience with Crystal Reports is a plus
No relocation assistance or visa sponsorship available for this position.
Compensation and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
No agency responses, please.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.