Firebrand Technologies is a software and technology service company for the book publishing industry. Firebrands wear many hats, are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty, and embrace the never-ending technical challenges in the book industry with enthusiasm and a sense of purpose.
Unfortunately, we do not offer relocation benefits or sponsor visas. US citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply, but we are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
Please, no agency responses; they will be summarily deleted.
Data Scientist (Newburyport, MA)
We are a rapidly growing software company seeking a motivated individual to help us turn our wealth of data into actionable insights. As a Data Scientist, you will work across departments to:
- Guide data collection and analysis efforts
- Gather and collate information from disparate sources
- Apply analytical techniques, and
- Inform business strategy with your findings.
You will work on a wide array of problems of varying breadth and depth. While certain directives may come from company leadership, you will be relied on heavily to define the scope, focus, and methodology of your work. In doing so, you will have the opportunity to play an integral role in the future of our company.
Some things you will enjoy about this job include:
- Making an impact on business strategy
- Working across teams and departments to synthesize information
- Broad discretion in methodological approaches
- An unfixed, evolving problem-set
- A great company culture!
You are an ideal candidate for this position if you have:
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity. For you, questions beget more questions. You are interested in the relationships between seemingly unrelated pieces of information. You enjoy drawing hypotheses and testing them with data.
- Confidence to tackle problems with little or no direction, and still deliver great results.
- Expert data munging skills. You can extract, clean, and join data from any storage format known to man, including but not limited to SQL, NoSQL, Excel, CSV, JSON, HTML, etc.
- Strong communication and data visualization skills. You can clearly present findings in whatever manner is appropriate for the project at-hand; i.e. verbal, written, visual, or through dashboard apps.
- Working knowledge of statistical/analytical/algorithmic techniques such as regression, classification, prediction, clustering, social network analysis, and natural language processing. You know how and when to use the right tools for the job.
- An aptitude and desire to learn new skills, technologies, API’s, or algorithms when the need arises.
- Strong coding skills in a scripting language such as Python or R.
No relocation assistance or visa sponsorship is available for this position. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.